• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

7-pin Low Rp tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It looks like a pretty much exact equivalent to the 6T4, Douglas.  Same specs and ratings all around (including the very restrictive Vh-k rating), both are applied 'UHF oscillator' .  I much suspect that they were simply developed by different companies.

When I initially went looking for a new lineamp device, I went through the manuals, and there were at least three or four of this almost exact type (sometimes differing in pinout).  I gave the list to my vendors, and the 6T4 was the one that came up available.  Love it when Jack sez, 'We're holding that type; how many hundred you want?'

Aloha,

Poinz

If you wanted something more linear than the 6T4, you could try the GEC Marconi A2134, a 7-pin pentode. Connected as a triode it has an anode impedance of 835 ohms and a mu of 10. You can see the triode curves on Frank's tube pages. The only problem is how to get hold of them in the USA. You can find them at radio rallies here in the UK but I suspect dealers would want a lot for them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.