• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

TCJ Push-Pull calculator v2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was considering purchasing TCJ Push-Pull calculator version 2, but the website has a bunch of broken links where the product information should be. I get no response from the support email address. I would like to have a tool to automate calculations, but don't want to gamble with my hard earned money.

Anyone own this and is willing to share what it does so that I can decide if it is worth buying? Screenshots would be appreciated.

Here is a results screen

Attachments

• ppresults.gif
    ppresults.gif
    90.1 KB · Views: 771
I just downloaded this. I have been skeptical about its usefulness for some unknown reason, and indeed, there is a lot that it doesn't do -- no pentode or ultra-linear circuits, no ultrapath caps, no just drawing a schematic and getting an analysis. However, I've learned more about push-pull amps in the last two hours just by tinkering around with some circuits than in months, ne years, of books and online reading.

Worth $100? perhaps, but easily worth $30. Most important lesson thus far -- there is just not that much power to be drawn out of a pair of Class-A 2A3's ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.