• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Sources for James Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got some 15W p-p jobs for the Red Light District. They ended up running about $80-90 ea. including shipping, duty, and whatnot. It's on the high side compared to Dynaclone or those blue jobs whose name I always forget, but way short of Magnequest or Tango territory. They worked spectacularly well and look great.

I purchased a pair of 6113HS SE OPTs from Euphonia Audio (before they closed up) about a year ago or so.... nicely finished and good quality (much better than Hammond 125ESE). The cost was $145 for the pair plus shipping. To compare costs with either MQ or Hashimoto, consider the MagnaQuest RH-40 and Hashimoto H-507S to be equivalents for size, power and impedance.

RH-40 runs $99 each plus shipping. Note that endbells and flying leads are an extra $37.50 each or $136.50 each.

H-507S runs $180 each plus shipping.

To compare them sonically... they are in the same order of their pricing.

Regards, KM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.