• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Aikido Phono PCB Modifications

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I've gotten the power supply for this bad boy taken care of, now on to some ideas I had for it.

I was thinking of trying to make this board (the Aikido Phono PCB) a hybrid RIAA phono pre for which it was designed and also a dual microphone preamp.

I'm not so concerned with phantom power for condensers so that extra power supply can be omitted.

I would like to find a way to make the passive RIAA eq circuit in between the 2 gain stages switchable. Would this be as simple as soldering a jumper bypassing the RC filter to a switch or is this not as easy as it sounds?

Instead of using 2 boards to make a completely balanced preamp, what mods would have to be done to integrate input and output balancing transformers?

Finally a way of controlling the gain would be needed. I was looking at 2x of these: http://www.goldpt.com/prices.html (the mono version) for controlling the volume. What value would I need and where would this need to be inserted into the circuit? Would it be at the output or in between the gain stages?

Any other ideas of how to do this are also welcome. I'm curious to see what kind of ideas come up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.