• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

MY Morgan Jones headamp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This reverse-engineered version of the famous EarMax headphone amplifier has just 3 tubes, The primitive edition was not global feedback, I consulted Mr cmoy's The Morgan Jones Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier work join feedback circuit. and is powered from wall-wart.I have made one, used for driving my HD495 headphone.

Attachments

• 6n1101.gif
    6n1101.gif
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,255
Hi digi01;

Nice workmanship on the amps, particularly the layouts and the metalwork for the mountings!! Good show!!

Hmmm, I may have to try that style of layout should I ever need a "child friendly" amp for the house. Did you have to do anything special (fans underneath, extra venting, etc) to keep overheating from being a problem due to the closed up location of the valves?

By the way, what brand are those resistors? They look like 1 watt metal films, but they do not look like the Philips ECG's that I stocked up on years ago.

All the best,
Morse

Morse:)
I like MJ that you made very much too, the appearance is very simple and unsophisticated.
The question dispelling the heat is relatively difficult to manage, I have opened some holes, utilize convection to dispel the heat in roof and side of chocolate box. Consider that the "child friendly" morly,all components are hidden in the box .
Those resistors is made in BeiJing China,military industry products,1 watt metal films of high accuracy. The friend gave to me.
I use varnished cloth bakelite board that spend, component weld hole nailed and fixes with the copper gold-plating.

cheers;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.