Group Buy for Experimenter's 9 and 7 pin Tube Socket PCBs - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st October 2008, 08:19 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Group Buy for Experimenter's 9 and 7 pin Tube Socket PCBs

This is a group buy for 7 and 9 pin tube socket breadboards continued from this thread.

Group buy full detail page at http://www.ecp.cc/socketgb.html

There is a 9 pin version, and a 7 pin version, and, assuming sufficient numbers, there will be buys for each. If you need an octal version, look for octal relays at AES, Mouser, or Apex Jr.

Boards are 1.7" x 1.7". Mounting holes are on 1.3625" centers.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

If you want to be included in the group buy for any boards, please send an email to sockets@ecp.cc

In that email, include your
- Name
- PayPal email address (must be confirmed, credit card payments are OK)
- Forum Name (optional)
- The number of boards, and which boards you want
- Whether you want additional parts (see below)

You might also post to this thread to bounce it back to the top of the list periodically

Boards will only be shipped to your confirmed PayPal address. If you do not have a confirmed PayPal address, then you are discouraged from participating. However, if you must, please note that this is entirely at the buyer's risk. I will ship your boards, but if they do not show up, it is between you and the post office.

There is an absolute minimum of 50 of a type for an order to be placed. 100 to 150 would be much better to justify the project, but 50 should do. Boards ill be RoHS compliant. They may not have a soldermask or screen printing as this can reduce costs dramatically
(it basically allows them to be manufactured in the US rather than China for about the same cost.) If the order quantity is high enough, then this may be changed. If people object, please let me know.

I'll periodically post names/numbers of orders at http://www.ecp.cc/socketgb.html

A number of people showed interest in the original thread but did not email me. I have not included you in the list, so please email if you do indeed want to participate.

If you don't show up on that list within a reasonable amount of time after emailing, then post to this thread. I get a lot of spam and don't typically check my spam folder. If you don't want your name up on a website, then include some sort of user name that I can use. I also reserve the right to cut off the group buy at any size that seems reasonable.

The ordering phase will be open until Midnight, Chicago time, November 8, 2008. At that point, assuming minimum orders have been met, I'll send out PayPal money requests that should be paid by Midnight, Chicago time, November 12. At that time, an order will be placed. Depending upon PCB manufacturer, it usually takes a week to 10 days to receive orders. Once boards arrive, they will be shipped out (via USPS in regular padded envelopes.)

The estimated price is $4.00 per board (this may decrease with a large enough number) + shipping
($2.50 to the U.S. and $6 for international --
please note, all international shipments will include the actual cost of the boards on the outside of the envelope.)
For large orders, shipping may be increased slightly to cover actual expenses.
Shipping will be via USPS First Class mail.

A number of people have shown interest in including sockets, terminal blocks, and standoffs with the boards. If enough people are indeed interested, they can be included more or less at cost. This will increase shipping somewhat.

A portion of any extra money collected after expenses will be split between DIYAudio.com and
the The Tree House Humane Society, a cageless, no-kill cat shelter in Chicago.

Please remember that orders are at the buyer's risk:
- I will not take back boards that have a manufacturing error, or that have a design error
- boards lost in shipping are not my responsibility
- as a buyer, you agree to indemnify me against any loss associated with these circuit boards.
That is, if you hurt yourself, or burn down your house, even though through a design or manufacturing error, it is not my responsibility.
- There is no support provided with the boards.
Old 2nd November 2008, 01:52 PM   #2
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

<bump>

Looks good Doug.. Email address you have is also my paypal address.
Old 2nd November 2008, 11:18 PM   #3
pchw is offline pchw  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Doug,
Sent you the confirmation email and expressed interested in the terminal blocks and sockets. Looks like my column has been updated for your book keeping :-)

Thanks,
Old 6th November 2008, 06:04 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Two more days.

Old 8th November 2008, 08:05 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Last day.
Old 9th November 2008, 07:32 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

All invoices have gone out. 9-pin boards will be $3.50, 7-pin boards will be $3.75. Parts for the 9-pin boards are $6.25/board, and parts for the 7-pin boards are $5.85 per board.

Shipping it $2.50 for domestic orders, $5.00 for domestic orders with parts, and $6.00 for international orders.

If anyone is missing an invoice, or thinks I got something wrong, please email sockets@ecp.cc with corrections.

Thanks everyone.

Doug
Old 12th November 2008, 07:43 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Arghhh!!

Looks like I noticed this group-buy too late.

Doug, if there is any chance, I'll take 4 9-pin boards. Thank you.

Regards

Fib
Old 13th November 2008, 06:51 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Arghhh!!

Quote:
Originally posted by FibCouple
Looks like I noticed this group-buy too late.

Doug, if there is any chance, I'll take 4 9-pin boards. Thank you.

Regards

Fib

There are likely to be a few extras, so send an email in a week or two.
Old 13th November 2008, 07:00 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

OK thanks Doug. Will do.

Regards

Fib
Old 15th November 2008, 04:33 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quick update. Everything has been ordered. I expect these boards to show up right after Thanksgiving -- Friday if we are lucky, but otherwise Monday. I did order a number of extras, so if anyone wants to be included send email to sockets@ecp.cc

Hide this!Advertise here!