• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Group Buy for Experimenter's 9 and 7 pin Tube Socket PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a group buy for 7 and 9 pin tube socket breadboards continued from this thread.

Group buy full detail page at http://www.ecp.cc/socketgb.html

There is a 9 pin version, and a 7 pin version, and, assuming sufficient numbers, there will be buys for each. If you need an octal version, look for octal relays at AES, Mouser, or Apex Jr.

Boards are 1.7" x 1.7". Mounting holes are on 1.3625" centers.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If you want to be included in the group buy for any boards, please send an email to sockets@ecp.cc

In that email, include your
- Name
- PayPal email address (must be confirmed, credit card payments are OK)
- Forum Name (optional)
- The number of boards, and which boards you want
- Whether you want additional parts (see below)

You might also post to this thread to bounce it back to the top of the list periodically :)

Boards will only be shipped to your confirmed PayPal address. If you do not have a confirmed PayPal address, then you are discouraged from participating. However, if you must, please note that this is entirely at the buyer's risk. I will ship your boards, but if they do not show up, it is between you and the post office.

There is an absolute minimum of 50 of a type for an order to be placed. 100 to 150 would be much better to justify the project, but 50 should do. Boards ill be RoHS compliant. They may not have a soldermask or screen printing as this can reduce costs dramatically
(it basically allows them to be manufactured in the US rather than China for about the same cost.) If the order quantity is high enough, then this may be changed. If people object, please let me know.

I'll periodically post names/numbers of orders at http://www.ecp.cc/socketgb.html

A number of people showed interest in the original thread but did not email me. I have not included you in the list, so please email if you do indeed want to participate.

If you don't show up on that list within a reasonable amount of time after emailing, then post to this thread. I get a lot of spam and don't typically check my spam folder. If you don't want your name up on a website, then include some sort of user name that I can use. I also reserve the right to cut off the group buy at any size that seems reasonable.

The ordering phase will be open until Midnight, Chicago time, November 8, 2008. At that point, assuming minimum orders have been met, I'll send out PayPal money requests that should be paid by Midnight, Chicago time, November 12. At that time, an order will be placed. Depending upon PCB manufacturer, it usually takes a week to 10 days to receive orders. Once boards arrive, they will be shipped out (via USPS in regular padded envelopes.)

The estimated price is $4.00 per board (this may decrease with a large enough number) + shipping
($2.50 to the U.S. and $6 for international --
please note, all international shipments will include the actual cost of the boards on the outside of the envelope.)
For large orders, shipping may be increased slightly to cover actual expenses.
Shipping will be via USPS First Class mail.

A number of people have shown interest in including sockets, terminal blocks, and standoffs with the boards. If enough people are indeed interested, they can be included more or less at cost. This will increase shipping somewhat.

A portion of any extra money collected after expenses will be split between DIYAudio.com and
the The Tree House Humane Society, a cageless, no-kill cat shelter in Chicago.

Please remember that orders are at the buyer's risk:
- I will not take back boards that have a manufacturing error, or that have a design error
- boards lost in shipping are not my responsibility
- as a buyer, you agree to indemnify me against any loss associated with these circuit boards.
That is, if you hurt yourself, or burn down your house, even though through a design or manufacturing error, it is not my responsibility.
- There is no support provided with the boards.

All invoices have gone out. 9-pin boards will be $3.50, 7-pin boards will be $3.75. Parts for the 9-pin boards are $6.25/board, and parts for the 7-pin boards are $5.85 per board.

Shipping it $2.50 for domestic orders, $5.00 for domestic orders with parts, and $6.00 for international orders.

If anyone is missing an invoice, or thinks I got something wrong, please email sockets@ecp.cc with corrections.

Thanks everyone.

Doug

Today's update -- the boards are in the mail to me, and will be here either Friday, or maybe Monday. In either case, they will go out early this coming week.

For those who ordered parts, most of them are here with the last few streaming in on Tuesday, so those orders will be delayed a day or so.

Sorry for the longish times, but to make up for it the boards are solder masked and silk screened --- not that it really matters.

Oh, and I did order extras which are available at the same rate as the preordered ones. Let me know if anyone wants some (no parts on these, though).

Good news and bad news.

Good news is that the boards are in, they look good, and I will start packing them up tonight. They should go out in the next day or two. More good news is that I do have extras if anybody wants some.

Bad news is that the tube socket supplier sent the sockets to the wrong address. I am waiting to find out if UPS can redirect or if they are lost. UPS says they have to make a first attempt before they can be redirected. But, UPS may just dump them on the front porch w/out requiring a signature. If they are lost, I'll reorder from a different vendor and get those here by the end of the week. So, short delay on parts :(

Attachments

• img_0719.jpg
    img_0719.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 423
Got mine yesterday, thanks!!!

Mine are still sleeping with the postal service. Probably right next to the memory modules that I ordered from Newegg on black Friday. If things run their normal course they might show up Tuesday or Wednesday. Rest assured that the 7 pin sockets will get a rude awakening. I have a big box full of crusty 6AQ5's and 6AU6's that need to be "tested".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.