pt - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th October 2008, 06:32 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default pt

I am considering this 12ax7 preamp. what kind of the PT should I use? many thanks for help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture.jpg (26.5 KB, 270 views)
Old 30th October 2008, 07:09 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

no help?.
Secondary: 125-0-125 V, 100 mA
Filament winding: 6.3 V, 2 A
.... will this one be ok for it?
Old 30th October 2008, 07:18 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default sounds more than sufficient...

that should give you plenty of voltage and certainly current capability for an a_7 preamp in any configuration! Bolt the sucker in there!
Old 30th October 2008, 07:51 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

You're running 0.5 mA in the first stage, 1.5 mA in the second. Another 2 mA for a second channel... plus 6.3V at 0.6A or 12.6 @ 0.3A.
Old 30th October 2008, 08:50 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Cathod potential of second triod must be approx. 123 v!
Projects: OTL-OCL 6AS7 Gen. Electric, SEs 2A3 RCA, 300B JJ, 6S4S, 4P1L, EL11 Telefunken, 6AS7 RCA, 6S33S, 6S41S, 6S19P, E84L Siemens, E236L Telefunken, headphone ampl. OTL Loftin White 6AS7 RCA,... PPs 6005 Gen. Electric, EL34 Mullard, 6L6....
Old 30th October 2008, 08:59 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Re: sounds more than sufficient...

Quote:
Originally posted by aardvarkash10
that should give you plenty of voltage and certainly current capability for an a_7 preamp in any configuration! Bolt the sucker in there!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Bavis
You're running 0.5 mA in the first stage, 1.5 mA in the second. Another 2 mA for a second channel... plus 6.3V at 0.6A or 12.6 @ 0.3A.
Many thanks for reply..
so. .., Can I also use this PT for M7 if late update? I am a beginner about it, please kindly give me a suggestion. thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m7(12ax7x3) 前级修改版.jpg (69.0 KB, 183 views)
Old 30th October 2008, 09:23 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Time out here, we can't spec a PT until you tell us the rest of your PS design. Are you planning to use a full wave tube rectifier, or a bridge? What filtering? To get a good low ripple 300VDC out of a 125-0-125 transformer, you will need to use a bridge.
Old 30th October 2008, 09:55 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by leadbelly
Time out here, we can't spec a PT until you tell us the rest of your PS design. Are you planning to use a full wave tube rectifier, or a bridge? What filtering? To get a good low ripple 300VDC out of a 125-0-125 transformer, you will need to use a bridge.
Thanks Brother, yes. I am planning to use a bridge because of there is not a Filament winding at 5V(CT).. ..

so. if I use full wave tube rectifier, what kind of the spec. PT should I have.....
Thanks.
Old 30th October 2008, 10:27 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by longji98

Thanks Brother, yes. I am planning to use a bridge because of there is not a Filament winding at 5V(CT).. ..

so. if I use full wave tube rectifier, what kind of the spec. PT should I have.....
Thanks.
Look, I'll ask my question again, what in detail are you planning to build for a PS? How can we tell what transformer to buy if you won't say what rectifier and what filtering you are going to use? An small tube rectifier and a CRC filter will burn a lot of volts. A big tube rectifier and a CLC filter won't.
Old 30th October 2008, 10:50 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by leadbelly

Look, I'll ask my question again, what in detail are you planning to build for a PS? How can we tell what transformer to buy if you won't say what rectifier and what filtering you are going to use? An small tube rectifier and a CRC filter will burn a lot of volts. A big tube rectifier and a CLC filter won't.
Thanks Brother
Bridge: IN4007x4(I have some) . prefer CLC.
Tube rectifier: full wave 5u4g. CLC.

Hide this!Advertise here!