• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Curcio Daniel II builders?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Curcio Daniel II

I too am in the middle of building a Curcio Daniel II preamp and though it seems a difficult project for me, to be fair the only project I've done before this was a Curcio premium mod of a Dynaco ST-70, so it could easily be me!

I was wondering how many people have built/used a Daniel II and what you all thought of it. Do any of you have any recommendations or has there been an article in any magazine outlining a more step by step procedure for building this project for someone as inexperienced as myself?

On a related note, the tube socket pins didn't fit into the circuit board holes far enough to be allow soldering wires to them so I took a drill bit in my fingers and gently enlarged the holes to accept the pins fully. It worked out okay except on one of the holes on the one the copper separated from the cb slightly, but is still totally intact. Might this cause any sonic problems? Should I reattach it using something like super glue or...? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Nelson

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.