• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Looking for 300B 2.5V heater vendor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm trying to locate a vendor in europe that stocks the meshplate TJ 300B tubes with 2.5V heaters. Any suggestions? I've tried google but can onlty find 5V heater types. Failing within europe, I guess someone in the States will be the next option. I already tried DIYhifisupply, but they only have the 5V version in stock.

regards
Raja

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Raj1 said:
Hi,

I'm trying to locate a vendor in europe that stocks the meshplate TJ 300B tubes with 2.5V heaters. Any suggestions? I've tried google but can onlty find 5V heater types. Failing within europe, I guess someone in the States will be the next option. I already tried DIYhifisupply, but they only have the 5V version in stock.

regards
Raja

I'd be concerned if DIYhifisupply no longer stocks them, could be discontinued or very hard to acquire in the future.

Sophia Electric here sells TJ made tubes (some are custom versions only available from Sophia) under their own label and currently list the tube you are looking for as available:

http://www.sophiaelectric.com/pages/se/300B2.5v.htm

I would also suggest you take a look at the JJ 2A3 which is really a 300B with a 2.5V filament. (40W plate dissipation rating, and otherwise identical to the JJ 300B) I'm using a couple of older pairs of JJ 300B in my amplifiers (late 2000 vintage) and they work and sound good. The TJ 300B meshplate also sounds very good, but I have not heard these in my own amplifiers, and I have not heard the 2.5V version either.

It's something completely new to me. I managed to get ahold of an ex diyers amp that needed the tubes. It has a 3.5K primary opt and 2.5V filament supply. So the 300B 2.5V seems suited for the application over anything else.

Sophia had ran out of the globe mesh versions that I requested. They made a mistake assuming they had them in stock. They were very good about it though and upgraded me to the st princess version at no additonal cost.

regards
Raja

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.