• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

TVA-1 "Export" circuit/schematic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Hi-Fi people,

Anyone who know where to find the complete circuit for the TVA-1 "Export" amplifier made by Michaelson & Austin? - Would like to have Schematic for both channels A + B.

In Jean Hiraga's book called " Tubeamplifiers" ( most original) the A channel is shown - would like to have a photo copy of the original complete amplifier TVA-1 as well.

I need the circuit copy for my 70 Watt DIY project. The intension is to drive the "new" AR3a "Improved" speakers with this tubeamp.

Find AR3a "Improved" on: www.tubeamp.hobbysider.dk

Best rgds.

Kim Jul Hansen
Denmark

Attachments

• pic_0019.jpg
    pic_0019.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 524
TVA-1 rev. 3.

Hello,

Just received info from Belgium concerning "new" TVA-1 circuit 3. edition.

Some few changes for the TVA-1 circuit to be found on a scan copy later on www.tubeamp.hobbysider.dk

The copy version of TVA-1 might be added with a tube-regulated psu for gain- and driverstage. The main psu for the KT88/6550a could be similar to the Audio Research D79.

I welcome any suggestions for the psu .

Thanks

Hello Hi-Fi people,
Anyone who know where to find the complete circuit for the TVA-1 "Export" amplifier made by Michaelson & Austin? - Would like to have Schematic for both channels A + B.
In Jean Hiraga's book called " Tubeamplifiers" ( most original) the A channel is shown - would like to have a photo copy of the original complete amplifier TVA-1 as well.
Best rgds.
Kim Jul Hansen
Denmark

I have this amp last month for repair and maintenance. Because there are a lot of schematics (e. g. in various papers and books) but no exact schematic of that device, I have draw it complete in "circuitmaker".
Additional you will find some pics in the follow attachement. Perhaps this is helpful for you.

Attachments

• C ...-Tube TVA-1.ckt.pdf
    40.3 KB · Views: 218
  • Michalson-_-Austin-TVA1_klein_14cm.jpg
    Michalson-_-Austin-TVA1_klein_14cm.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 443
  • TVA1 PCB ECC81+83.jpg
    TVA1 PCB ECC81+83.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 448
  • TVA1 Schaltung.jpg
    TVA1 Schaltung.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 471
  • TVA 1 Kondensdefekt.jpg
    TVA 1 Kondensdefekt.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 422
  • Owner's Michaelson & Austin TVA1-2.pdf
    119.8 KB · Views: 219
  • Owner's Michaelson & Austin TVA1-3.pdf
    150.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Owner's Michaelson & Austin TVA1-4.pdf
    147.4 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
I have this amp last month for repair and maintenance. Because there are a lot of schematics (e. g. in various papers and books) but no exact schematic of that device, I have draw it complete in "circuitmaker".
Additional you will find some pics in the follow attachement. Perhaps this is helpful for you.

Well - yes, .....as you said there are a lot of schematic's around. I have just scanned your "circuitmaker" drawing, and without going into details, your computer drawing seems to correspond quite well with my TVA-1 , serial no. 553, which I bought erlier this year.

Find my exact paper drawing of Tim's Valve Amplifier no. 1 , serial no 553 at:

leakstereo20

The TVA-1 project is on stand by right now,... all components has been bought for the Sound Release PCB replacement job - later. The amp is working and very bias stable now.

......appreciate the attached files.

Well - yes, .....as you said there are a lot of schematic's around. I have just scanned your "circuitmaker" drawing, and without going into details, your computer drawing seems to correspond quite well with my TVA-1 , serial no. 553, which I bought erlier this year.

Find my exact paper drawing of Tim's Valve Amplifier no. 1 , serial no 553 at:

leakstereo20

The TVA-1 project is on stand by right now,... all components has been bought for the Sound Release PCB replacement job - later. The amp is working and very bias stable now.

......appreciate the attached files.
You're welcome - and thanks for this URL from Leak - also very helpful
Now an off topic question:
for Thule Audio products (Spirit Series before 2003 and after 1997) I want to have the programming software.
The developer therefore was Mr. Harald Brixen from Måløv. His website is
Harald Brixen - Denmark | LinkedIn
I haven't success by the try to get contact with him about this site and about
KTAS (Kjøbenhavns Telefon Aktie-Selskab - Copenhagen Telecom).
If you have time, please try it for me - perhaps you have better success.
My e-mail address: kirschner-hifi@tiefbasswiedergabe.de
Thanks for your effort

More Information about Thule Audio you will find about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/126352-what-happen-thule-audio-4.html

Last edited:
You're welcome - and thanks for this URL from Leak - also very helpful
Now an off topic question:
for Thule Audio products (Spirit Series before 2003 and after 1997) I want to have the programming software.
The developer therefore was Mr. Harald Brixen from Måløv. His website is
Harald Brixen - Denmark | LinkedIn
I haven't success by the try to get contact with him about this site and about
KTAS (Kjøbenhavns Telefon Aktie-Selskab - Copenhagen Telecom).
If you have time, please try it for me - perhaps you have better success.
My e-mail address: kirschner-hifi@tiefbasswiedergabe.de
Thanks for your effort

More Information about Thule Audio you will find about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/126352-what-happen-thule-audio-4.html

Thule Audio has not been one of my interests , and I know almost nothing about their products and the company.
What I know is :

... You will find it very difficult to get any answers from Thule's former developing engineer. First of all there might be copyright on the software, secondly it is hard to get such information without any payment. If you look as his CV between the lines, the engineer education has secured him as far as money is concerned.

Thule Audio has not been one of my interests , and I know almost nothing about their products and the company.
What I know is :

... You will find it very difficult to get any answers from Thule's former developing engineer. First of all there might be copyright on the software, secondly it is hard to get such information without any payment. If you look as his CV between the lines, the engineer education has secured him as far as money is concerned.

In general, it is always as you say.
But in this case it isn't so.
And I (resp. my boss - formerlies German distributor for Thule Audio) have get most of the software developed after 2003 in the last months from the persones, that have overtaken the formerly manufactur place from Thule in Herlev (btw - also the most of the exist hardware service information/schematics).

In the moment we have only one problem: to find out the contact address for Mr. Harald Brixen from Måløv. He is an other engineer than those persones, that have developed the software/firmware after 2003.
I will copy this informations in the right thread about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/126352-what-happen-thule-audio-5.html#post2328040
because here it is "off-topic"

Last edited:
In general, it is always as you say.
But in this case it isn't so.
And I (resp. my boss - formerlies German distributor for Thule Audio) have get most of the software developed after 2003 in the last months from the persones, that have overtaken the formerly manufactur place from Thule in Herlev (btw - also the most of the exist hardware service information/schematics).

In the moment we have only one problem: to find out the contact address for Mr. Harald Brixen from Måløv. He is an other engineer than those persones, that have developed the software/firmware after 2003.
I will copy this informations in the right thread about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/126352-what-happen-thule-audio-5.html#post2328040
because here it is "off-topic"

Well .... Mr. Brixen has mobile 21 48 97 90 , Jægerstræde , 2750 Ballerup.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well .... Mr. Brixen has mobile nn nn nn nn , xx, yyy, Ballerup.

Not sure it is such a great idea to post people's personal information without their permission - much better to share these details in private. I would be most upset if someone posted my cell phone number or other personal details here..

Also don't post your emails in unmodified (machine readable form) unless you want to be victimized by every spammer on the web. You should consider posting email address so that any human will understand, but no robot/spider/webcrawler will..

Examples: someone_at_somecompany_dot_com there are endless variations.

Well .... Mr. Brixen has mobile 21 48 97 90 , Jægerstræde , 2750 Ballerup.
Thank you very much.
Not sure it is such a great idea to post people's personal information without their permission - much better to share these details in private. I would be most upset if someone posted my cell phone number or other personal details here..
Basicly this is right, but this informations also to read by the online telefon books from Denmark. So one cannot say, this information is personal information (and nobody needs their permission in such cases).

Last edited:

Also don't post your emails in unmodified (machine readable form) unless you want to be victimized by every spammer on the web. You should consider posting email address so that any human will understand, but no robot/spider/webcrawler will..

If you are DIY moderator then remove the info - the info is available for everyone who can work and write Google on a pc..

The second thought is: would you be so kind and close my account and delete my writing since I joined the DIY-Audio group?

Thanks.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm not a moderator, just another member concerned about posting (any) personal information on the web.

I know with Google it is not hard to find a lot of personal information, but I am not sure posting it here is a good idea nonetheless.. Here in the USA historically cell phone numbers have usually been unpublished.

No reason to quit diyaudio over the comment I made, but that is up to you of course.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.