Sowter's Radford transformer - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2008, 12:45 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Sowter's Radford transformer

Hi everyone, my first post after a lot reading this forum. I've done a search and it seems that Sowter are considered very good, but has anyone had experience of the Sowter output transformer for the Radford STA25? I'm thinking of making a STA25 clone but utilising modern components and a few mods.

In the past I've restored and owned Radford STA12, STA15 & STA25; Quads and various Leaks. I'm self taught in electronics but qualified as a Physicist.

Grateful for any thoughts and comments.

Hide this!Advertise here!