• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

British seven pin sockets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HELP!!!!!

I need some B7 valve/tube sockets. They appear to be rarer than rocking horse poo. I managed to buy two of them from a pom supplier. 6 more would see my amp up and running.

If anyone has some, payment can take many forms, i've got lots of tubes to trade or sell. Quite a few obscure ones as well so you can build something different.

Do a websearch on "Bob's Tube Audio" which will lead you to an ebay store here in Adelaide South Oz. Use the contact seller link to get in touch with Bob. That is Bob Rundle. He has been around the electronics industry in SA for yonks as everything from a Trade School lecturer to designing, building and selling medical equipment to hospitals. These days he runs an on-line tube store as a "semi-retirement" job and has a network of suppliers including being the local agent for Hammond and for Mable Exporting in China.
See on-line catalog.
http://www.mableaudio.com/www-web/cpmore.asp?id=5&typename=Shuguang tube
Since he knows everyone on the local scene he can often source your NOS tube requirements.
If you ever make it to Adelaide he opens the store 12.00 to 5.00 Fridays and Saturday afternoons for counter sales / tube nutters social event.

He will be able to supply what you need. Also his prices as very competative.

Cheers,
Ian

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2004
Hi Ian,

That's a B7G base you're talking about. B7 and B9 were used by antediluvian valves, many of which had 4 v parallel heaters or 200 mA or 300 mA serial heaters. They were big, mainly coke-bottle shaped bottles, often bigger than octals. Their performance was generally mediocre, as I recall.

exurbia said:
HELP!!!!!

I need some B7 valve/tube sockets. They appear to be rarer than rocking horse poo. I managed to buy two of them from a pom supplier. 6 more would see my amp up and running.

If anyone has some, payment can take many forms, i've got lots of tubes to trade or sell. Quite a few obscure ones as well so you can build something different.

Got some ceramic , bakelite and paxolin . Email if you need any

cheers

316A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.