• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

need output transformer for Fisher

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:D hi, l had a similar problem with my x 100a fisher [ similar topology l beleieve ]-some time back, what l did was remove the trannie from the chassis removed the bell caps and peeled back the first few sheets of insulating paper around the windings to reveal the o/put wire connections solder joints and found the shorted wire there..... if you are lucky like l was the problem is more than likely there, then its only a matter of soldering the two pieces of wire together....... give it a go you have nothing to lose. any other way could cost you big bucks and more than likely have to replace both, to get matched performance on both channels, cheers and good luck:D T.C.

qwad said:
:D hi, l had a similar problem with my x 100a fisher [ similar topology l beleieve ]-some time back, what l did was remove the trannie from the chassis removed the bell caps and peeled back the first few sheets of insulating paper around the windings to reveal the o/put wire connections solder joints and found the shorted wire there..... if you are lucky like l was the problem is more than likely there, then its only a matter of soldering the two pieces of wire together....... give it a go you have nothing to lose. any other way could cost you big bucks and more than likely have to replace both, to get matched performance on both channels, cheers and good luck:D T.C.

hey-Hey!!!,
If it can't be fixed qwad's way, I'd suggest Heyboer in Michigan. I'd disagree on the big bux worry, as I've gotten very good prices from them on modified Peerless outputs. S265Q and S271S for starters. Less than a C-note on the S265Q for instance...:) I doubt your FIsher OPT would be more expensive. Still, hunting up a salvaged good one from ebay would not be a bad place to start looking IMO.
cheers,
Douglas

Thanks for the good suggestions.

I'll track down the part # for transformer.
I actually have a service manual for amp. But the place it was kept in the past had mice and a mouse chewed through the one spot that had the numbers for transformers. But I found a place on the web that has photocopy of manual so might take a little while to receive snail mail.

Wish I knew of one - guess I'll have to create the database myself. Please send your Fisher transformers to me for measurement. At least two each for a representative sample...

Actually I have an 800C and a 51 mono amp, transformers from a 500B, a friend has transformers from 70A, 400, and a few others. And I have at least the Sams folders for a few more... so I can start the project but will need others' input to fill in a LOT of blanks...

Hi Tom,

I have a X-100-3 which is in very good shape, almost all stock. I also have a 400 which has a chassis that is in need of no less than a can of Never Dull polish .... Since I don't use the tuner, I am thinking about reuse the irons to build an amp from a different chassis. If so, I am wondering what kind of tubes can I use rather than the 7868. I suppose all Fisher design that uses 7591 should work with these transformer. I am hoping that there will be more option if I know the iron's specs.

Thanks,

fisher transformer foiund using ebay saved search

I had good luck finding a power tranny for my Fisher 101-B. I saved a search in Ebay with Fisher 101 transformer and in days ebay sent me mail with a tranny from a 101c, which is slightly larger, but it works fine for years and voltages ok. I got it for only $10 and it saved a great amp. Try saved search

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.