• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

New tube stash question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I just picked up a small tube caddy which included about 75 tubes of various makes/quality, none in boxes. Although it was mostly full of TV type tubes (the caddy was from an old tv repair shop in Montreal) it also included a pair of big bottle Mullard 5U4G's, a yellow shield label Mullard brown base GZ34, 2 Mullard 12ax7's and 3 of each Mullard 12au7's and 12at7's all with the shield logos, in both white and yellow lettering. It also included a couple of Rogers labled 12ax7's made in Holland and a 12ax7 tube labled "Lafayette" w what appeared under a magnifying glass to be the "Toshiba" name. All of these tubes measure well enough on my old mercury tester to keep.

Is there a site that would tell me about the differences in the mullards (short plate/long plate etc) and how to read the codes etched on them? Who would have made the Rogers and Lafayette tubes?
Thanks, Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.