Dynaco Pas Transformer - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd September 2008, 03:33 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Dynaco Pas Transformer

Hello all,
I recently acquired (for $20, no less!) a Dynaco PAS-2 preamp. It's in pretty good shape mechanically and cosmetically. All the 12AX7s test just fine.
However, someone apparently cannabalized the PSU a bit. And the 12X4 tube and the power transformer are missing. The 12X4 socket is still there, so that will be a simple matter. However, while schematics online for this design are abundant enough. I seem to be unable to find the value of the transformer.
Now I am considering upgrading the power supply in entirety later on. But I would like to get this up and running in (minus the selenium rectifier) stock condition to have a baseline to compare to. I wonder it any of you out there know what value transformer I should be looking for.
Thanks in advance, I appreciate it greatly,
-jesse
Old 3rd September 2008, 03:53 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Jesse,

$32.95 buys a perfect replacement for the power trafo from Triode Electronics. Look here.
Old 3rd September 2008, 04:28 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Wow, perfect! Thanks a bunch.

Hide this!Advertise here!