• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Electronics AE1 preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mighty nice of you to scan and email the schematic.

I have an AE-1 bought off ebay some years ago that I occasionally use. Have you done any tweaking to this pramp? The only thing I did IIRC, was to replace the bypassed output coupling caps with a single Westcap I had on hand at the time which added warmth to the sound. Westcap can be a bit fuzzy though...

Would like to hear your impressions if you still own yours and are using it.

Regards

Seraph

I have done nothing with the one I have actually. I got it non working and its still in that stage. I have just had too many other projects that were important first.

It may end up back together someday! Who knows!

Glad to hear your enjoying yours. I am considering using the chassis and building something underneath it. Burndfingers suggested this to me a few years ago.

Evan

AE1 is a fine sounding, inverting preamp. A bit on the dark side to me; ie dark sounding! I have used it with 7N7 and home brew adapter plugs which made the sound more transparent to my ears. It does have potential. Chassis is great for building something else.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.