• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Antek TXs??Any use em???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any opinions on the Antek Transformer series...Hammond wants way much $$$
Their 550-0-550 should get me my 900 VDC and the 325-0-325 should do the trick.
A Mr/Ms R Willis design 813.....but they no longer have the site running anymore......
Solid, simple SE 813.
________________________________________Rick..........

Attachments

• 813 resize three.jpg
    813 resize three.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 422
Hmm... Interesting. Their ratings only show voltages and VA capability which is I presume for the entire transformer.

http://www.antekinc.com/AN-3T325.pdf

So would you figure the VA that you need from each winding and add them up? Would there not also be a maximum current for each winding based on wire size?

I think we can imply about 500mA per HT secondary from the load test data but that says nothing about the heater windings. Do we not need more information than provided to fully evaluate their suitability?

I've had very good service from them. I've bought a couple from their eBay ad. I've also called them directly on the telephone and spoke to John. Very nice guy. In total I've bought and used around 10 to 12 of the toroids for preamps and amps. Great quality, excellent value and perfect performance. I can not ask for more and I reate them exceptionally high.

I've also had good service and products from Edcor for output transformers as well.. another great company for quality, value and service.

The only thing that I would want from Antek would be to have additional secondary windings for 5 volts for rectifer heaters in addition to the 6.3v secondaries.

Jeff Davison

Imported??

I kinda think that they are of Chinese origin as the text describing the various products is poorly written. The texts' grammar is incorrect and stilted, something you might get from a language conversion program.
If it is made locally they really need to proofread better!
______________________________________Rick..........

Re: Imported??

Richard Ellis said:
I kinda think that they are of Chinese origin as the text describing the various products is poorly written. The texts' grammar is incorrect and stilted, something you might get from a language conversion program.
If it is made locally they really need to proofread better!

It explains why they won't speak about custom transformers. I would be glad if they cooperate, my requirements are very similar to what they offer, but not exact.

mashaffer said:

Is that "plant" as in they actually build them here or just a warehouse/retail outlet? I kinda figured them for Chinese imports.

The transformers are clearly Chinese imports. Mostly they do enclosure fabrication for CNC houses, electronics, robotics -- we have a huge pharma industry in NJ and many small companies designing the manufacturing systems here.

I asked about adding an electrostatic screen between the primary and secondaries, which is pretty much a neccessity in audio IMHO. They couldn't do it. This is my sole reason why I don't use them.

I do use a number of their enclosures though. I've never had a problem with their service, even through email.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.