• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help and your input on YAQIN MC10L EL34

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

this is my first post here... the guys here seem to know stuff really well :)

Im really new to this Tube world and was thnking about buying my first tube amp (witch i always wanted)

i have seen this YAQIN MC10L EL34 on ebay for a really cheap price that has the EL34 Tubes (guessing chines made tubes)

any one had any experience with this AMP ? and what do you think of it.

just need your input on the metter before i go and buy this :)

thanks a lot !

i have been reading stuff about it here are well, few things came to my attention, one thing is the Tube are made in China, guess its may not be the best of sound ? :)

other stuff about power supply and come resisters missing etc etc witch i didn't under stand much.

i was thinking to replace the EL34 with Mulard EL34, would that make much of a deference ?

I bought one of these mc10L 2 weeks ago, its got some jj-kt77 bias at 33-34 ma per tubes, I changed the 6n1 preamp tube for svetlana 6n1p and it sound fabulous...warm, good bass...rich mids smooth highs,,,,better than my sugden au31 class a solid state amp...the main transformer run a bit hot but so far so good.
I don`t care if its got board...or made in china...it sound realy good a with good tubes bias properly.

I just got the Yaqin MC10L and I am very pleased to say the least. It was very bright to start, but after 20 hours or so has mellowed out. I'm looking for just a bit more bass punch so I'll be rolling in some new EL34 & svetlana 6n1p's soonn on order. I'll posy my findings.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.