• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Unknown tube logo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just bought some 6N3P tubes. I don't recognise the logo on them - the logo is this one:

6N3P_logo.gif

Does anybody recognise it?

The tubes were made in '89, are marked with cyrillic text and come with a Russian datasheet. The logo is not on this list of Russian logos, so perhaps they are not Russian?

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Eli Duttman said:
Perhaps the tubes are from the Ryazan plant. Smudge that logo, as shown in the chart, and what you provided is possible.

The logo isn't smudged - it looks like that on all the tubes and on the datasheet.

Bas Horneman said:
I just bought some 6n3p's as well. Not sure what I'm going to do with them. Just got some to try them out.

May I ask what you are going to use them for?

I have used them for line stages, and I'm also experimenting with a phono stage I want to try them in. What brand are your 6N3Ps?

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

6N3P were used mostly in military transceivers, radars, and similar stuff. Wen I managed a railway service department I had tons of them in transceivers on locomotives and in stationary transceivers. In civil applications they were used only in FM receivers as front - end tubes. They were relatively cheap. DIYers used them for audio, but I always hesitated. Probably because of the presupposition that they are RF tubes so not good for audio, but may be they will sound nice, I do not know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.