• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Rod Coleman filament supply circuit boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have about 10 of these left. They're quite small (35mm x 38mm), it's designed to be fed from off board rectifier/capacitor (mainly because I wanted to use an LC supply), with just a local bypass. If you would like some, PM me. The design I have is for TO-220 type transistors - I've been using MJE15028/15029, but you can use anything appropriate. I'm not sure about putting more than a couple of Amperes through it, as the traces aren't that wide.

I did do a board design for one with the main capacitor and diodes on board, but never got those made. If there's enough interest, I could, but Rod's design above is most likely better!

Attachments

• dsc_0580.jpg
    dsc_0580.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,276
Interesting!

Besides the already mentioned GM70 (20V at 3A) I got some 3C24 (6,3V at 3A) and I have some Emission Labs 20B's on the way that want a very nice 5V at 1,4A. I think they can all profit from Rod's supply.

I favor the blank boards as shipping is easier and cheaper.

Erik

After due discussion, looks like we can make some PCBs available at 12 euros each plus shipping. As Pete says, the diodes and reservoir cap are off the board.

Easiest option is just to send out the PCBs. I guess it would be possible to ship finished and tested boards if these were required. Haven't really got that far.

We're prepared to order up 48 boards, so please email me your requirements.

Andy Evans

Andy,

Put me down for a couple.

I'll email you my details

Jeff Davison

andyjevans said:
After due discussion, looks like we can make some PCBs available at 12 euros each plus shipping. As Pete says, the diodes and reservoir cap are off the board.

Easiest option is just to send out the PCBs. I guess it would be possible to ship finished and tested boards if these were required. Haven't really got that far.

Andy Evans

andyjevans said:

Andy Evans

Please count me for an other couple pcb's. I would prefere them finished and tested also.
Regards,
George

Hi everyone - boards have arrived. I'll now be collecting money via Paypal for those who've booked their boards, and once I've calculated shipping in each case I may be able to have them sent out at the w/e or early next week. Not sure if there will be any left over boards for additional requests - will have to see how they go.

Sorry for delay - the factory screwed up the number required.

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.