• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Isolating parallel feed amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,
I have some vacuum tube oscillators (tube sunth) and I would like to mix their audio outputs.

I have been informed that:

You also need to isolate
the plate voltage for each tube from all the other tubes. A 5k resistor and 10 uF bypass capacitor would do.

I would like more info on this please. How shall I connect the resistor and the capacitor in order to make this isolation possible?

Maby connect the resistor in series with the +v and then connect the output (or input) of the resistor to the ground by using a capacitor?

Thanks a lot

Hi there,

I'm not being funny and i don't wish to offend you but if your electronics is that flakey i strongly suggest you don't go any further on grounds of safety. You really need to lean a bit more on the subject before attempting to modify high voltage tube equipment.

Regards

Leigh

Sorry but I have build quite a few tube amplifiers and preamplifiers but I have never tried a thyratron oscillator as the one I mention. Thus I would like to make sure about the topology. I know what bypassing means I just would like another oppinion and not a judgement please.
Thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.