• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Building a Aikido preamplifier

Schematic of Aikido line stage that you could use the 6U10 on.

There is a high gain section #2 in the 6U10 which could be used as the input tube once plate resistor and cathode resistor values were changed. Sections 1 and three would be used in place of the 12AU7.

Attachments

• AikidoAmp3.gif
    AikidoAmp3.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 866
Joined 2005
Paid Member
There is a high gain section #2 in the 6U10 which could be used as the input tube once plate resistor and cathode resistor values were changed. Sections 1 and three would be used in place of the 12AU7.

OK, I remember that schematic. Are there other triple triodes out there. preferably a triple 6SN7? Any quadruple triodes?

Last edited:
here is my aikido finally finished and feeling at home in a for what i think a nice cherry wood housing.
4*6sn7 2*250v w ct 38v drop across r17 (1500ohm) and janus shunt.

it is dead quiet with the pcb ground tied directly to earth from iec inlet.
the sound in combination with the moskido is magic, i have yet to hear a better combo and that is without burning in of the tubes of the aikido.

pics,

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You used a choke with the Janus? Care to explain how you wired it in there?
Did you hear the amp without the choke? If you did, dus it make any difference?

Cj

Bump!!! I might be wrong but you would repace R17 with a Choke? I have no idea how to calculate what size Choke you would need.

I have the same Octal Linestage and His looks like a Beast compared to mine.

DSC03711.jpg