• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

old style anode/grid caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know where to get old style anode/grid caps? I have some from an old radio but they are too big. I need 1/4". Anything I have found looks very "modern" and these three amps (Left Right and Sub) are kinda old style mad scientist themed.

Also does anyone know how they used to connect the wires to the anode pins on the top of the 829b? I've seen several DIY solutions but none have the right look. My idea requires fabrication on my part...

Molex Mini-Fit Jr. female contacts work well for the business part of the interface to the plate pins of the 829B and 3E29.. They are available in both tin and gold plating, depending on how deep your pockets are. If you're lazy, just trash the motherboard connector on any junked PC power supply (ATX and newer), and you'll have a bunch of mini-fit female contacts already crimped to wires. Once you have the business part, what you surround it with is entirely up to you. Appropriately colored heat shrink is quick and unobtrusive (it's what I plan to use).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.