old style anode/grid caps - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2008, 02:22 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Default old style anode/grid caps

Does anyone know where to get old style anode/grid caps? I have some from an old radio but they are too big. I need 1/4". Anything I have found looks very "modern" and these three amps (Left Right and Sub) are kinda old style mad scientist themed.

Also does anyone know how they used to connect the wires to the anode pins on the top of the 829b? I've seen several DIY solutions but none have the right look. My idea requires fabrication on my part...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 02:56 AM   #2
diyAudio Member
wrenchone's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Silicon Valley
Molex Mini-Fit Jr. female contacts work well for the business part of the interface to the plate pins of the 829B and 3E29.. They are available in both tin and gold plating, depending on how deep your pockets are. If you're lazy, just trash the motherboard connector on any junked PC power supply (ATX and newer), and you'll have a bunch of mini-fit female contacts already crimped to wires. Once you have the business part, what you surround it with is entirely up to you. Appropriately colored heat shrink is quick and unobtrusive (it's what I plan to use).
  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
plain Big caps on psu vs. carlosfm style Snubber shiraz Chip Amps 25 9th September 2008 03:11 PM
E1148,CV6-How do you distinguish the anode/grid caps? protos Tubes / Valves 1 6th February 2008 04:47 PM
Anode Cap Question sgerus Tubes / Valves 6 7th September 2007 05:00 PM
Coupling caps size with grid choke? DHT112A Tubes / Valves 4 7th December 2006 05:22 PM
Control grid Voltage / grid stoppers... jon_010101 Tubes / Valves 2 4th May 2006 01:59 AM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:26 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2