• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Dyna ST70 PWR Tranny 6.3V Crnt Spec?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Original Dynaco said that it could provide the extra 1 amp per winding but this was an exaggeration. Current through the outputs was also exaggerated in their specs, realistic numbers are 40ma per EL34.
A realistic value for each 6.3volt winding is 3-3.5 amps tops.
Daniel

Edit: I just saw that you won't be using the 5 volt winding, so this will give you some extra elsewhere in the transformer. Try your circuit out and see how hot the transformer gets. If it's too hot to put your hand on it, I would ease off a little. You can always put a small filament transformer under the chasis.

Humm, in stock form with nothing plugged into the front your running 3.45ma all the time.

I know the power tranny's in 70's run hot but I've still yet to see a dead one. (yet that is) :)

Was hoping that not running anything off the 5v winding may help some as well. (yah you saw it)

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks,
keg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.