• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

EL84 driven 2a3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Inspired by the circuit described here, EL84 DC coupled to 2a3 , I am planning to build a similar circuit.

But instead of DC coupled EL84 into the 2a3, I am planning of using a Lundahl 1660S interstage (2:4.5) configured as SE-SE interstage.

I just built an EL84 driven EL84 and I was impressed with the results. I have a pair of 2a3 and an idle OPT (though with primary Z of 5K, but it should work), and I like to experiment with the circuit.

Any thoughts?

andyjevans said:
But instead of DC coupled EL84 into the 2a3, I am planning of using a Lundahl 1660S interstage (2:4.5) configured as SE-SE interstage.>>

I thought the 1660S was created as a phase splitter. Wouldn't it be better to use a LL1660 in 1:1?

As far as I know, the 1660s is same as 1660 with a faraday shield.

I am thinking of using 1660s because I have them. :)

The 1660 and 1660S on Alt-T configuration for SE-SE is 2:4.5 only, I don't think that it can be configured for 1:1, but I will check on this. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.