807 single ended guitar amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th June 2008, 06:58 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 807 single ended guitar amp

Hi all, new here and not really an electronics buff...

Wanting some expert advice on a 5 watt 807 single ended amp I have just purchased, currently it is not a guitar amp but I am looking for information on how to make it one, and how to achieve the best sound with it...

I want to use it as a preamp for a DI set up, using a line 6 interface which runs into an emu 1616m soundcard. I am a metal guitarist and have found amplification to be the weakest link in music production endevours.

I read recently that the way I should go in the studio is a small Class A so I was lucky enough to score this for under $100aud and am hoping to spend a little on it to make it a killer little amp...

Anyone who wanna give a dumbed down reason why this is a good/bad choice will recieve many karmic brownie points... Regards
Old 8th June 2008, 07:52 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi,

It's a pretty good choice actually for SE if you like that tone.

Electrically, an 807 is ~= 6L6GC in a different bottle. The 807 is one of the most useful tubes.

Here's inspiration on what an 807 is capable of
http://dogstar.dantimax.dk/tubestuf/dzindex.htm

Cheers!

Hide this!Advertise here!