Tubelab web site down, no more SimpleSE - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th May 2008, 04:00 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Tubelab web site down, no more SimpleSE

My web site hosting company has been having problems. Some users have been experiencing intermittent operation over the last few weeks. Email service has also been intermittent. Then yesterday, it was gone completely.

Multiple emails to the hosting company have gone unanswered, or returned. The tech support phone number goes on infinite hold. This evening I got this email:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Valueweb Technical Support. We experienced a severe network outage last night at approximately 8 P.M. EDT. All Valueweb sites, control panel access, customer sites, and other network facilities were inaccessible. Our Systems Administration team has been working through the night to bring these systems back on line as quickly as possible.

As of now, most critical systems have been returned to operations, however, some systems may still be inaccessible. Please rest assured that we are doing our best to bring all of these systems back online as quickly as possible, and there is no need to reply to this email.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has surely caused, and am sorry that we have not been able to respond to your inquiry until now, due to this outage. If you should have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Well, my web site is still dead, and I CAN'T contact them! Maybe it is time for a new hosting company.

The last email that I got before the site went down was from a company called NuVo Technologies. It seems that they own the trademark "Simplese" which is used on a solid state multi room audio system. They claim that my use of the term SimpleSE as applied to anything audio "violates their trademark". They further state that I must immediately "discontinue the use of the brand name treatment "SimpleSE", or they "would have no choice but to pursue further legal action to rigorously defend that which WE have invested over 4 years of time and resources to
protect." There are no more SimpleSE's, but there are plenty of Simple SE's. Since these people found my "violation" by using a Google search, please refer to this amplifier by the name Simple SE in all future posts.

This is just one of those days when I feel like it just ain't worth it. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Old 29th May 2008, 04:22 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Besides, an insult to Simple folk all across the South East...
Now if you had only called it the "Slow SW"????
Hindsight is 20/20.

Find another host, tomorrow will be better.
Old 29th May 2008, 04:23 AM   #3
BC is offline BC  United States
diyAudio Member

Hey man,

I know it is not popular these days but.. my prayers go out to you.
Hang in there.

Old 29th May 2008, 04:28 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Wayback Machine Archives

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.tubelab.com
Old 29th May 2008, 04:34 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

How about TubelabSE?
Old 29th May 2008, 04:40 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to DigitalJunkie
Might I suggest "FUSE".

Use your imagination.
Old 29th May 2008, 05:30 AM   #7
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

How much are you willing to pay for a web hotel? I can suggest some for 15 dollar a year and up.
Old 29th May 2008, 06:43 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

I've found dreamhost to be good value for the money, for small websites the space and bandwidth they supply is effectively unlimited.

Email me if you want a code that will get you the first year at near to nothing (and some money off my bill to boot)

There's hardly anything on my site at the moment, but you can see some old electronics articles there. greygum
Old 29th May 2008, 06:50 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

http://www.uber.com will host your site for free, with your own domain name, and with pretty much unlimited bandwidth.

FUSE is pretty funny.
Old 29th May 2008, 07:47 AM   #10
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Using a free host is not particulary good if you want something in return. A free product comes with no obligations. If you pay you can also demand something.

www.one.com is OK if you accept that php is run in safe mode. This can cause trouble in Joomla installations.

www.manufrog.se is OK

www.wopsa.se also (I use it)

http://www.offex-webhotel.com/

Hide this!Advertise here!