• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Vaic 52B monos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Does someone on this forum know who might have build this
Vaic 52B monos ?
Lorenzo of Master Sound Italia can not tell...........

- they are for 110 Volt mains -

Klaus

Attachments

• unkown-vaic-52b.jpg
    unkown-vaic-52b.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 539
Does someone on this forum know who might have build this
Vaic 52B monos ?

I can't say that I know for sure, but they appear to be of Chinese manufacture. Opera Audio comes to mind. The ones in the second picture have transformer covers similar to the Ayon amp, so maybe they are Austrian. Mr. Vaic may have some sort of relationship with Ayon.

John

Hi Klaus,

I'm curious, does Mastersound not know, or are they just refusing to say. Anyway, my friend George here in the states says his were made by Mastersound in Vicenza, Italy. About your amp he said:

"Mastersound in Vicenza, Italy...I'm pretty sure, since it's a Vaic brand amp per the label. (Alesa Vaic was Dr. Rikkardo Kron's business partner) "Vaic" on the label, as far as I know, means R.Kron/A.Vaic joint designs., manufacturing ousourced to Mastersound in Vicenza, Italy. Kron and Vaic never did any manufacturing of amps as far as I know and outsourced it all to Mastersound."

"To be sure ask Bruce Fetherling, brucef(at)acousticdreams(dot)net; Bruce is president of Acoustic Dreams in Springfield, Illnois, the US service company for Vaic amps."

Victor

Hi Victor

The amp in your picture with the round cans is Italian made by Master Sound in Vicenza.
Here is their answer to my pictures:

"The photos that you have sent me are not of a my amplifier. He resembles much , but it is not a my amplifier, for me looks like a copy"

- so I guess they are not very happy that there is a second manufacturer in the U.S. -
I will contact Bruce next.

Thanks a lot !

Klaus

Attachments

• vaic-model-52b-inside.jpg
    vaic-model-52b-inside.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 501
Hi,
I see here there are people talking about the VV52B tube, so hopefully somebody may know the answer here.

What is the optimal filament voltage for the KR VV52B? I have seen anywhere from 5 to 6.3 volts. The curves for this tube were made with a filament voltage of 6.0 volts, so I am assuming that this is what the factory uses.

I always have wondered what the best filament voltage is for these tubes.

Thanks, Daniel

By the way, I cant remember what issue of Sound Practices had it, but there is a picture of a VV52B amp very similar to the first one posted on this thread. I'll see if I can find it.

Hi Daniel

It is in Sound Practices Issue 15.
Grego Sanguinetti runs the VV-52B heaters in his design @ 5 Volt AC.
They are not the amps I have, but you exactly hit my point.....
My amps have the AVVT AV 520B-SL super linear and 6 Volt DC heater supply.
Since they are low on transconductance I am looking for replacement.

- all suggestions welcome -

Klaus

AV520B Datasheet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.