Remote control for integrated tube amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th May 2008, 02:52 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Remote control for integrated tube amp

l would appreciate any suggestions on building or obtaining a remote control for a tube amp; yaqin MC 100B
Old 4th May 2008, 04:25 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Alps motorised pot and one of the many simple IR control kits that are out there?
Old 4th May 2008, 04:37 AM   #3
OzMikeH is offline OzMikeH  Australia
diyAudio Member

DIY HIFI Supply out of Hong Kong.
Old 4th May 2008, 06:15 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to DigitalJunkie
Remote control kits
Old 13th August 2012, 02:25 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I have actually the exact same question, I'd like to add a motorised pot with a remote control for my Yaqin MC100-B. (schematic here if it can help: http://www.ict-net.net/100B2.jpg)

What would be the best choice?

Will this move impact the quality of sound ?

Most of them are running on 9-12V AC, what would be the best way to connect it?

Here is what I have seen on eBay:
MV04 Quadruple ALPS Motorized Remote Control+Input Potentiometer 9-12V AC | eBay

4 Ways Stereo Remote Volume Control Preamp Kit with ALPS Potentiometer Assembled | eBay
Old 13th August 2012, 05:28 PM   #6
ChrisA is offline ChrisA  United States
diyAudio Member

Default No! NOT another remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller99 View Post
l would appreciate any suggestions on building or obtaining a remote control for a tube amp; yaqin MC 100B
Do yourself a BIG favor and don't build one. Today what you want is a web interface that can be accessed by a phone or computer. These are actually very easy to make as all you need to do is add a small micro-controller to the amplifier and you don't have to build the hand held remote. Web interface don't require any specialized software on the phone or computer other than the normal web browser.

Once the amp has a web interface you can reach it from any computer of phone or tablet on the house or if you want to allow it from any place in the world.

From a technical stand point the easiest way to go is likely to buy an Arduino development kit. Then have the Arduino control a set of serial pots and switches. The serial pots and switches can go in the signal patch if you like or that can control motorized pots and relays.
Old 13th August 2012, 06:21 PM   #7
tomchr is offline tomchr  United States
diyAudio Member

I use an Apple Remote with my preamp. The remote uses an NEC format that's reasonably easy to decode. There's some technical details in the Wikipedia article.

~Tom
Old 13th August 2012, 07:31 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Guys, I m speaking about having a motorized pot with a remote, the mobile solution is not an option for me
Old 13th August 2012, 08:20 PM   #9
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Remote volume control

Web interface is over-kill!!
Use a TI PGA2311 or PGA2320.
Mechanical pots are expensive, will wear out in time & eventually make noise!!
There is lots of information available to make what you want, depends on if you want to make your own brew, buy a kit or ready made, state your choice?

Regards
Rick

Hide this!Advertise here!