Looking for schematic/info for a Knight KN 3050 PA Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Like the title indicates, I need any and all info available on a Knight KN 3050 mono tube pa/mixer integrated amp. I have tried the usual online sources for the schematic/manual with no luck so far. After reading another similar post here it seems that Knight schematics are some of the hardest to come by.

I plan to restore and mod the unit to work as an amp AND a preamp for my home practice(acoustic and electric instrument) setup as well as a mono hi-fi. I specifically need to know how to seperate the amp section from the preamp signal-wize. My speaker setup is an active three-way with sub, mid, and a horn for highs, its a little unconventional, but it works/sounds great, and hey.....I like it.

I assume(and am hoping) that seperating the amp from the preamp in the Knight is as easy as finding where the output section of the preamp goes to the input section of the amp and seperating the signal there. Take the "cut" preamp signal and run it to my active crossover, and then back into the amplifier section for either the mid or the horn....which ever sounds better. The remaining two channels, will be run by a stand alone stereo amp.

If interested...... the current components are
Sub - 12" JBL GTI 1200...automotive version of the 2206h
Mid - 12" JBL GTI basket reconed with 2206h cone
Horn - Generic aluminium lense with a USD driver(automotive)
Guitar Effects - Digitech GSP5 processor(current "preamp")
CD Player - Sony CDP-209ES...something "play along" with
Amp - Crown D-150 one channel for horn, other is shared between mid/sub...TEMPORARY!!!!
Crossover - Peavey ECM currently in two way mode crossed over at 1200hz(again TEMPORARY) in three way mode with the Knight amp the x-over points will be at 150hz or 250hz for the low and either 800hz, 1200hz, or 1500hz for the high. I'll decide which points are the best once I get it running and get an RTA on the system, though it will probably be 150hz and 800hz.

and hopefully soon... the before mentioned Knight KN 5030 will join the fun.

I will also probably add a mono 78 turntable just for fun....and to play some of my "older" records. I may even get fancy and hook up a laptop for recording, but that is a ways off.....

Both the Sub and Mid are in some salvaged Infinity Quantum 5 enclosures that are slightly modified(but able to be returned to stock). The horn and the rest of the equipment is mounted in two stacked rack mounts on top of the Q5 enclosures, one is a Crown wood case(usually holds two d-150s), the other a slanted metal rack. Not the prettiest, but again....I like it.....

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, even constructive criticism....

Thanks in advance....

Nate

Guess this is gonna be a"DIM" project....

I suppose that getting help for this project is as hard as getting the schematics. :bawling:

FWIW.....I did find some the photofact for the 3035, which appears to be very similar to the 3050

I got the amp in the mail today, threw in some tubes, and HEY....it works!!!

Now I just have to seperate the preamp section from the amp section. From what I can tell I can just snip the output from the "Master" volume control, and run that to the crossover, then bring the signal back from the crossover to where the original wire was snipped, and use the amp as desired. Where would the best place to the the "signal" ground from if I did this? Also, a "Gain" control for the amp section would be helpful, but not absolutely necessary, and suggestions?

It appears that the MIC inputs have extra "sockets" for each one. Are those sockets for transformers, or are they just "diagnostic" ports? The actual mic inputs look like standard XLR connectors. If the others are for transformers, any idea where to get them from? Only one will actully be used for a mic, the others will be used for musical instrument inputs.

Again ANY suggesttions would be greatly appreciated......

Nate

Thanks for the info!!!

As there is nothing in any of the sockets now(all 7-pin..yes im sure, counted several times....lol). I am hesitant to even try the xlr inputs. However, one of the "mic" inputs is switchable bewteen "mag" and "mic". When set to mag, and an audio output is applied to the "rca/phono" jack input labled "mag" next to the aux jacks, it does pass signal through the unit and sounds the same as when using AUX, and is volume controlled by the respective MIC volume control.

Does anyone know what this "mag" really is? Is it just an "internal" jumper plug?

Can I copy the circuitry for two more of the mic channels or would be be better to get(or make) the "jumper plug". Like I said, I really only plan on using one of the mic inputs for an actual mic, and that has yet to be purchased........

Thanks again.......

I cant wait to get this into my "rig"......I have missed tubes for so long now......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.