• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Bloody pinouts!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Turn the tube upside down so you are looking at the pins. Pin 1 is to the left of the space and it continues clockwise around to the last one. So pin 9 for example would be the right hand side of the space. So if you had your sockets mounted and the amp upside down the orientation is the same.

In other words, the data sheet pin out is as if you had the tube upside down and you are looking directly down on the pins.

Fran

Turn the tube upside down so you are looking at the pins. Pin 1 is to the left of the space and it continues clockwise around to the last one. So pin 9 for example would be the right hand side of the space.

I hope you have that backwards or my amp is in danger. Pin 1 should be to the right of the gap (or key slot on octal) should it not?

mike

6P14P%20&%206P15P.png

i hope john broskie doesn't mind me linking this off his page, anyway...

the pins are shown here as if you had the tube held upside down in your hand, with the pins sticking back up at you. This is then the same orientation when you would look into the upturned amp with the rear of the socket facing you.

well, I'm always afraid of saying something totally stupid here... but my amps have worked so far! someone tell me I'm wrong before the 1/2 hr limit on edits is up!!

Fran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.