• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Chinese Tube Amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
samsagaz,

fisrt, U must considerate most china factory made tube amp was use OLD parts, used capacitors from E-waste market.

such as the OPT core lamination. They re-use used lamination from large power plant transformers & use mount to get the size of laminations that they prepare for OPT.

But this Old lamination was low efficiency, high core loss!

pls considerate roast bread will not cheaper than bread powder!!!

thx

hi vax9000,

I am not say chinese OPT re-used large power plant lamination was not good. But can they know or gurantee the lamination was not overload or over heat.

Although Japan audio transformer was made in china now. But different standard.

pls understand.

pls see the picture/

use large OLD power plant lamination prepare for small size laminations.

I was OEMer of japan OPT.

I will continous post Japan audio grade OPT used material coming!

thx

thomas

Attachments

• 123860.jpg
    123860.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 682
samsagaz said:
Hy guys, i found some factories that build/sell Tube amps at not so high price. Can someone tellme if some of these can be good products?

What specs i need to see to check if are good or no ?

Regards

Recently, I purchased a Chinese Power Amp which I introduced in my blog below (in Japanese).

http://ja1cty.at.webry.info/200803/article_7.html

I purchased it by only 400USD and its sonic is GOOD.

The circuit schematic is indicated in the manufacturer's web page below in which you can find the schematic at the bottom of the page.

http://www.xshn.com/office/cpshow.asp?id=383

The ORIENT CORE is used for OPT, as is described in the schematic. "Z11" is a part name of ORIENT CORE by "Nippon Steel Corporation" which is the largest transformer core material supplier in the world.

chinese tube amps

Consider this: every piece of high quality clothing you are wearing probably came from China... and they were made at excellent prices and horrendously marked up in the west.

Chinese tube amps are no different. I purchased a Yaqin Mc100B and it is a great amplifier. Great detail, wide soundstage ect. I bet you that a year from now we won't be getting the Chinese amps at such great prices once they are distributed locally. Once that happens along with the corresponding price increase, the reviews will say that they are the best thing since slice bread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.