• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6N7 PP amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
eta_beta_60 said:
I am interested in building a PP amplifier

Please remember that just as English isn't your first language, it isn't the first language of many other posters, so it's very important to make your thread title as clear as possible - "ampli" might be an acceptable Italian abbreviation but it won't necessarily be recognised by everyone else.

As to your question, isn't there a diagram on the 6N7 data sheet?

hey-Hey!!!,
I've seen that schematic in the RCA book, but I can't hwlp wanting a better driver...and then the grid-current B operation of the finals gets consideration...an' I start wondering 'Why?'

But don't let that stop you, the 1635/6N7 is an inexpensive valve, and I like low-cost...:)
cheers,
Douglas

Is there a reason this valve cannot be used in class A or AB? I'm not an EE, just a hobbyist, and so I guess I don't really understand what suits a triode to a particular class of operation (with pentodes I understand it has to do with the loadline v. plate dissipation, i.e., the knee might lie outside of where the class A loadline would go). I saw one of these valves for $3 and grabbed it at a local shop–however I've never seen a circuit use on in class A or AB as a P-P amp, and I was surprised considering the 10w total dissipation for the tube…(the class A data in the datasheet is for both sections in parallel as a driver)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.