• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Weird amp on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cwujek said:

Yes, see more here:
Hammond on ebay

Well that clears it up. I wonder if both the consoles that I have seen had the amp taken out of an Organ to be put in them or if they came that way from the builder. I wish I could find the pictures. One has about a ¼ inch of dust covering the whole thing.

Wow they got 299.00 for it. That’s more then I have paid for most the ST-70s I have bought.

ThSpeakerDude88 said:
wow that is REALLY interesting! They put these things in organs? mighty strange! I'll be sure to be on the lookout for hammond stuff. I always thought they had the long chassis leslie style amps in them.

Hi there!

The long chassis leslie amp sat only the leslie speakers, that were the rotary speaker cabinet. Leslie and Hammond had no relation, in fact the rumors tells that Laurens hammond weren't to found of each other. Mr. Hammond said that he: "Never intended his organs to sound that way". It was after Laurens Hammonds time that leslies were licensed to use in hammond organs.
Of course it was used any way as the were leslie kit on the market and the leslies sounds great, but there were no relation between the companys.

At this site I belive you will see the licensed ST70:
http://web.mac.com/boem99/Site/Fun_Stuf.html
It sat in the amplifier rack for the Hammond G100, the largest hammond tonewheel ever produced. In the pictures you will se a lot of rust. That's becouse it's been smoke damaged in a curch fire!

Btw, good look finding one i organs, as far as I know the St70 was only used in the g100 and if I'm not mistaken it is less than 10 organs left, if not less than 5! And most important, if you gut out a Hammond organ for the amplifier, I will hit you! :D

Hope this clears up some of the mystery.

Best regards,

Magnus K.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.