• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Harmon Kardon tube amp kit testing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thought this pic might give people here pause for thought, or at least pause.

Attachments

• house wife tested.jpg
    house wife tested.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 292
Lawnmower ad

I remember there being a lawnmower no where's near as long ago as that HK ad, well after the women's lib movement of the 60s and 70s.

There was a woman that tested the pull starts of a lawnmowers (Honda?), and if they started with on pull, she said "Ship It".

There was a feature article in one of the electronics magazines of the 60's (Radio Electronics maybe) where they got a "typical housewife" to build a Heathkit stereo receiver. I think that the only problem was the dial cord.

I must admit that I got Sherri to test build some of my early kits (like 20 years ago). Don't do it anymore because she got too good at it.

tubelab.com said:
There was a feature article in one of the electronics magazines of the 60's (Radio Electronics maybe) where they got a "typical housewife" to build a Heathkit stereo receiver. I think that the only problem was the dial cord.

I must admit that I got Sherri to test build some of my early kits (like 20 years ago). Don't do it anymore because she got too good at it.

It all has to do with the 'hard wiring' within us, and dependent upon what we did, division-of-labor, for the last several hundred thousand years.

Man = hunter, tool maker, and visualizer

Woman = gatherer, child rearer, and vocalizer

Hey George, did you revamp your Simple SE amp page this last weekend? I was in the middle of printing out the project and putting them in a notebook folder, and when I went back to double check the printout with the page, they were different on several places.

Or was it just me? I thought I was going nuts there. :xeye:

Hey George, did you revamp your Simple SE amp page this last weekend? I was in the middle of printing out the project and putting them in a notebook folder, and when I went back to double check the printout with the page, they were different on several places

I have not made any changes to the web site this year except for the 10 day out of stock period. I have a lot of new information to post, but no time to do it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.