• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

mugen hybride

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello tubefans.

I'm a newbie in the world of tubes. I've read an article in a magazine of a Mugen Hybride ampilfier. It intrested me and i'm playing with the idea to build this amplifier. My first question is how to control the volume. Wich potentiometer sould I use.

Sorry for my english but I hope you understand my question.

Hope to get answers so i can build this amplifier or isn't it worth his money.

JOPIE

My first question is how to control the volume. Wich potentiometer sould I use.

I would start with any old 100k potentiometer (with so called audio taper)(cheap) later you can add something much more expensive but I think better like a DACT. Or even something like this http://jos.vaneijndhoven.net/switchr/design.html from another Dutch guy. This way you learn about the value of "upgrades"

or isn't it worth his money.
Only you can be the judge of that after you hear it with your own ears. But frankly I don't think Wim de Haan would get it published if it was not a good sounding amplifier. At the very least it is much cheaper than a full tube amplifier because you don't have to worry about expensive output transformers etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.