• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

TESLA E88CC 6922 Tubes shorting out???????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone , I bought quite a bit of Tesla E88CC Tubes white pin. I have tested all of them on my tubes tester, for shorts and for life, they test extremely well. In my ARC ref 1 they sound magnificent, they are so natural it's incredible. The tubes seem to like my ARC Ref 1, no issues with them. As soon as I put them in my amp ARC VT130 SE, in the input stage they seem to last no longer than 20 minutes before you start to hear popping and the channel dies out. So I remove them and install 6H23P-eb and everything is fine again. I then test the removed Tesla on my tester and one of the tubes has shorted out????
Does any one know what's going on ? It has happened twice now..............

Thanks

Attachments

• tesla-e88cc.jpg
    tesla-e88cc.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 214
I have build a line amp with the E88CC Teslas in 1998.
Unfortunately my constant current source at that time was too noisy, there must be better CCS-designs available nowadays to develop the project. The sound was GREAT !

Attachments

• e88cc-line-stage.jpg
    e88cc-line-stage.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 157
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.