• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Home made SE 300B amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Audiofrinds,

Hereby a photo of my home made SE 300B amplifier.
Tubes are 76 (input) 46 (DHT driver) and of course the KR300B. Output transformer is from Sowter (UK)
The 76 and 46 are capacitor coupled and the 46 and 300B have an interstage (Tango NC20) If anyone is interested in the schematic I can send it to you.

Attachments

• se300b.jpg
    se300b.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,759
This is really the way to go. 300b is a great output, 46 is a great driver. I'd put a 26 or 01A in place of the 76 and a 10Y in place of the 46 but these are just flavours - the basic idea of 46 transformer coupled to 300b is exactly the way to do it.

Gain-wise, the 76 does push up the gain nicely. Subbing in a 10Y for a 46 raises the gain slightly, and you then lose a bit in the first stage with 26 or 01A. But basically you're just about there with fairly sensitive speakers, which you need for a 300b SET anyway. But that does include single drivers like the Jordan, which sound remarkably good.

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.