• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

100k linear pots, any idea?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
100K linear pots, any idea?

found plenty of NOS alps 100K linear pots. i know i cant use them as volume pots but anybody had any idea if those can be used for tone controls? saw some schematic of tone schematic from my search here in the tube section but it also calls for 100K audio taper. so what do you think, throw those NOS ALPS lin pot away?:D

renjiish said:

oh thanks renjiish. i have tried the westhost thing but has not been effective for me. i am doing the leach lowtim amp someday so i'll try to use those 100K lin pots here.

a tone control circuit using this 100K lin pots would be a nice project. if i can only substitute those for the 500K linear pots that is commonly used for tone controls...

:)

Edrel,

I've attached a Max Robinson designed tone control circuit that uses 100 K Ohm linear controls. :D Eight triodes are a bit much for a stereo unit. However, changing the AC coupled cathode followers in Max's design to DC coupled ZVN0545A source followers is easy.

Attachments

• tone_control.gif
    tone_control.gif
    14 KB · Views: 166
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.