• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Leak Tl/12+

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2004
Assuming you're serious (I can't tell whether you're kidding or not!), please take care. Look for signs of damage or burning and be prepared to replace components affected.

Be aware that there's a more than even chance that some capacitors, especially electrolytics, will not perform well. Some resistors can also have drifted out of spec. Electromechanical contacs (switchs, plugs and sockets, tube holders) may need cleaning. Transformer windings should be checked for continuity.

I'm sure other people can suggest plenty more cautions before assuming that it will work.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I've worked on a number of Leak amplifiers and you can be assured that most components will have drifted out of spec by this point in time, and I would not power it up at all without first replacing all of the electrolytics and coupling caps - I'd check all resistors as well at this point and replace any that are off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.