• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

I want to begin but I don't know how!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DIYers! i'm new of this forum, my name's Niccolò and i'm from Italy.
In the last month i decided to build by myself a tube amplifier, but i don't know!
I read many forums and articles but i can't find anything that shows step by step what i have to do! can you give any advice???

Thank you,
Niccolò

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Start with a kit/pc board

You have not explained what type of amp you wanted to tackle - depending on your speaker efficiency I suggest starting small. Something like a 15 watts per channel push-pull amp using EL84 power tubes. And make the first one from a kit, or use a good PC board for the circuitry. Meanwhile, read the books recommended earlier.

I have built the DIYTUBE ST 35, a Dyna ST35 clone and highly recommend it for a beginner. It also sounds very good and gives ~17 watts/side Look at: www.diytube.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=837

The instructions are clear and the PC board contains most of the circuit, so it is easy to get it done right the first time. If you run into a problem the forums on this website is very helpful, as is Shannon, the fellow operating DIYTUBE.

Good luck!

Francois

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Try this Italian website, lots of good stuff, and it's in both English and Italian:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/tnt.html
You want "Autocostruzione & Tweaking/Valvole"

This might be the starting place to look for information on tube audio in Italy. Getting parts and tubes into Italy is difficult due to the Post Office and Customs, to the extent that a lot of sellers will no longer deal with Italian customers unfortunately.

Buona fortuna..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.