• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

CT wire -quick question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have another quick question.

I need a few suggestions on what to do with the unused CT wire on the secondary. I am thinking about cutting it an inch or so long and using a wire nut with tape.

Is this a good way of doing this? If not, what would be considered the right way.

Thanks again.

Gary

Why have you got an unused CT wire?

The circuit I am building does not use the center taps on the transformers that I purchased ( at least I think they are not used ). I will try to explain the best I can to make sure because you have raised doubt and I am not informed enough to know if I am doing it right.

The transformer I am using is a Hammond 167G120 it is a 120.0ct. I am using just the two secondary wires going into a voltage doubler and then two Zener diodes that hold the voltage at 200V. I have one 200V supply and one - 200V supply. So I am using two of these transformers.

My filament transformer is a Hammond 167L12 it is a 12.6ct. I am using the two secondary wires on this transformer going into a bridge and then a 12V regulator.

Does this sound right?

Thanks

Gary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.