Angela Electronics - Customer Service - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th January 2008, 09:33 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to audiowize
Default Angela Electronics - Customer Service

So I bought four lots of ceramic top caps from Angela Electronics, and when I got my invoice, I noticed the shipping was $40. Being that the items were $16 total, I e-mailed them asking
"Hi Steve,
Can you reduce the shipping from $39.96 to something more reasonable? If not, please confirm by e-mail that 50 top caps will cost almost $50 to ship.
-Paul"
After just receiving a second invoice, I sent another e-mail,
"Is this a yes or a no for $40 shipping? I keep asking for a reply, and all I get is another copy of the invoice.
-Paul"

After that, I got an unpaid item reminder, and I wrote as a response
"I have asked THREE times for an e-mail confirming that shipping is really $40 (seems high). Please
E-MAIL me a confirmation at ....

Thank you,
-Paul"

I got an unpaid item strike, so I called to ask why I never got an e-mail with a shipping confirmation, and I got a very rude response about how I was a non-paying bidder... etc.

In an earlier transaction, I won a pair of tubes, and I let them know that I was bidding on a set of output iron also, scheduled to end several days later. I got an ok on that, and then received an unpaid item reminder anyway a few days later before the transformers closed. Luckily, that didn't result in a strike. Does it seem unreasonable for me to ask for a simple e-mail to confirm shipping?
-Paul
Old 11th January 2008, 09:54 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Where do you live and where do they ship from?

That seems pretty steep for shipping on ceramic top caps. Did you get like a lot of 5000 of them?
Old 11th January 2008, 10:01 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Paul,
I've been around a long time in the tube and electronic business and have been to many Maryland hamfests over the years. The owner of that business can be quite arrogant. I'd say that you were being ripped-off on shipping to make up for eBay fees and just extra money. No, your query was not unreasonable at all. And personally I avoid that operation like the plague.
"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when it's components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers. That is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." ~Stephen Hawking
Old 11th January 2008, 10:23 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

The order was for 48 top caps. I would put the weight well under 10 lbs. Generally, the items I get for them are USPS parcel post. For 15 lbs from Angela's zip code to my Zip code is $20.... which seems pretty reasonable to me. $40 though...man... that's just nuts. I guess I will be a partsconnexion guy from now on.
-Paul
Old 11th January 2008, 10:23 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Even better, for $9.00, you can fill a 11 x 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches box with as much weight as you want...
Old 11th January 2008, 10:26 PM   #6
BHD is offline BHD  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BHD
I wouldn't post your e-mail on an open forum like that unless you really, really like sorting through spam.

Old 11th January 2008, 10:32 PM   #7
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Email address removed.
Old 11th January 2008, 10:42 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

That's really sad to hear.

I buy their ceramic tube sockets, as I really like them. To date, I have not had any problems, but it's always nice to know if the owner is worthy of dealing with us humble DIY folk.

Then again, my orders have all been by phone, I haven't had email experiences with them. Have you been successful on the phone ??
Old 12th January 2008, 02:51 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

After Judging by the complete lack of any intuitive way of ordering from them online; I only place my orders to 'em via phone call. I've always found the person taking my order to be very helpful and polite. For me; even with their basic shipping I get it next day
My only real complaint is every Hammond I've ever ordered from them was not in stock; but their prices seem to make the extra week's wait worth the while.
Old 12th January 2008, 03:35 PM   #10
mpingo is offline mpingo  Poland
diyAudio Member

I also have similar experience with Steve.I tried, several times, to get the answer (by mail) to my questions and there was no response. I know.. I'm not a real customer. Selling only two transformers to overseas boy like me is only a waste of time and brings no profit at all.

Hide this!Advertise here!