• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

VT4C output transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
vt4c output transformer

Does anybody have any experience with this transformer: MARS LM-2017U.
This is a very cheap 3.5K output transformer for 300B, but I dont know what to expect of them.

Can anybody help me?

Regards

drobert

Sorry my English is not to good.

I have a pair of those transformers, I bought them off Ebay rather than from vt4c.com but they look exactly identical and have the same specs.
I bought them for an RCA 808 SE project (which I haven´t started to build yet) but I listened to the transformers in a E280F quarter-watt spud amp and they didn´t sound half bad.
Thinking about ditching those silly 808s and use the transformers as 1,75k/8 OPTs together with triode wired 40KG6 instead, should give about 12W.

Mars Transformers

Hello,
I have bought several transformers from Mars, VT4C one power transformer and a couple pairs of output transformers. They seem well built and sound great to my not so trained ears on this amp using 2A3 output tubes and Klipsch RB-61 speakers. This set uses the 2.5K output transformers, but the 3.5 K are similar. I have also purchased their circular drill bits for making the holes in the panel for the tube sockets and they work great and give a very clean hole.
Scott
a1amp9.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.