• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Need help with a Russian Triode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Found this on my databook

GU-10A005.jpg

You can email me, then I'll send you larger images of the curve, soon as I have a scanner ;)

If you are using those for your "amp" then you need this for your "preamp". 2 X 833A

http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/oldwebsite/teslacoil12.htm

I have seen pictures of a coil made with 6 X 833A's but I can't find them now.

I built a conventional Tesla coil back in high school. It used a large neon sign transformer, a home made multi layer glass capacitor and a 6 foot high coil. The sparks were rather unspectacular in the Florida humidity, but it was awesome when we took it to the air conditioned auditorium for the science fair. We got to plug it in once before the safety comittee banned it forever. The wicked sound that the primary spark gap made scared them stiff. It wiped out TV and AM radio reception for blocks!

I briefly thought about building another one a few years ago when I discovered some monster thyratrons in my warehouse. Sanity prevailed, and I sold the thyratrons.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.