• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

OEP input transformers. Anyone used ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Shoog,

I have used various of these transformers for many years in broadcast applications (mainly in balancing and un-balancing applications) and found them faultless. You are likely to find the "bottom end" much better than their spec, since you are likely to be using them at much lower signal levels than they are rated for.
I'd recommend the optional mu-metal cover if used in equipment with EI mains transformers.

I have used various of these transformers for many years in broadcast applications (mainly in balancing and un-balancing applications) and found them faultless. You are likely to find the "bottom end" much better than their spec, since you are likely to be using them at much lower signal levels than they are rated for.
I'd recommend the optional mu-metal cover if used in equipment with EI mains transformers.

Thats encouraging. Since there so cheap, and I have to place a Farnell order, I will probably go ahead and order a pair. If they don't match up I will get some Lundahl 's instead.

Shoog

I've used the A262A3E in a my DIY mic pres together with the mu-metal can. I like them a lot, I think the OEP (company had a different name back then) input transformers were used in some high-class Neve studio consoles (I think it was Neve VR but I'm not 100% sure). Many folks at prodigy-pro.com/forum (The LAB) also like them a lot. They definitely have some "color" against the neutrality of Lundahl, so it also depends on your preferences whether you like them or not (give them a try anyway!).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.