• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

CAT 110V to 220 V conversion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TX

I think someones' confused..I think Lino has 220 VAC wall voltage and his device is a 110 VAC powered...so that would be a step-down transformer.
Here in Argentina we have 220 VAC wall voltage & some of my audio gear is 110 VAC only (Some will 'self switch to 220).
So you'll need one of these! It's rated at 750 Watts more than enough to drive it all (Add up wattages to two thirds peak rating for a buffer) I.E. 525 Watts total, get one rated for 750 Watts.
____________________________________Rick..............

Attachments

• tx.jpg
    tx.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 136
sorry for my bad explanation. I saw, on the transformer of the preamplifier, that there are more wire on the primay windings, it seems that two 110 volt windings are connected in parallel but, if I disconnect one of them I saw, with a ohmmeter, that they are connected in some other way togheter. So I can't connect it in series to obtain 220 Volts. Probably it isn't possible modify the connection of the transformer.
Anybody have the electric diagram of the power supply?
Thanks for your time
Lino

Ciao

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.