• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Christmas Eve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ray_moth said:
What are you having for Christmas lunch? I thought of following it with a light dessert of matched pears and currant sauce.

Tricky question after such a good suggestion especially as I am in La France Profonde.

Er, how about "groundouilles"! (groan) ('Grillé' of course... (even worse).

7N7

Dewey, our Bearded Collie, just got his Christmas bath, the UPS man just brought my eBay signal generator and it looks to be in good shape. Christmas carols are playing on the stereo and sound great. There's a big warm fire in the wood stove. All is right with the world. All that remains is to wrap the presents- there was a cartoon in the paper last week where Odie tries to wrap presents and ends up mostly wrapping himself up in tape and paper shreds- that's me when everything is going well. You can imagine the rest of the time. :bigeyes:

*** MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!***

Lets see, its Christmas Eve, kids left home years ago, wife is out of town. At 6 PM local time it is about 80 degrees F outside (global warming?) and I was swimming in an unheated pool today. What else have I got to do tonight? Today has been the first day in a while that I have had the time to play with electricity.

For those in the US who have seen the Home Depot commercial, yes I believe in Santa Claus, because he did bring me that table saw (it was half price on black friday) and I was outside making sawdust today too. Maybe now I can make a respectable looking amplifier chassis!

Waiting for the glue to dry on my home made Christmas ornaments I'm handing out at the family dinner tonight. Found a good use for all those DH tubes that gave their all but I couldnt bring myself to toss out. Those silver'ed globe 101's look mighty pretty all gussied up ;)

Merry Chistmas!!

Tunelab said : "At 6 PM local time it is about 80 degrees F outside (global warming?) and I was swimming in an unheated pool today."

Gosh...I, all the day, shoveled because I didn't want my old father and mother falled and wounded...for the eve's party. I put salt and sand and all this kind of stuff that help people being on their legs... Why Jacques Cartier went down few thousands miles !!!!...
I'm sick of snow....:bawling:

Anyway, happy holidays everybody

Why Jacques Cartier went down few thousands miles !!!!...

Yeah, but for the 2 or 3 months of nice weather, we get 9 months of 100 degrees F with 90% humidity. No one wants to come here in August.

Those silver'ed globe 101's look mighty pretty all gussied up

I have a nice looking pair of Canadian GE 45's that have open filaments due to my stupidity. Been saving them for 5 years.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2004
What a coincidence! A very kind Nigerian gentleman, with whom I became acquainted by email, has promised me a generous present. Could run into millions! All I have to do is cover a few initial expenses, and soon I'll be laughing (or somebody will, anyway). Isn't the Internet wonderful? :D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

I have a nice looking pair of Canadian GE 45's that have open filaments due to my stupidity. Been saving them for 5 years.

Time to break out the ribbon and glitter glue George :D . I think I just started a tradition tonight. My tube tree ornaments were a big hit, and since I have a ton of defective old tubes that were part of lot I bought some time ago, I think I'll be doing this again. I used an assortment of different tubes this batch..101's, 24A's, 80's ect. My favorites were the 24A's.

Casey

Happy Xmas to everybody!!

I finished my present to me last night - a 10Y preamp! This is so much better than any other preamp tube I've used - and I thought I'd hit nirvana with 31, 201A and 26!

So I stayed up until 2am - usual thing - going through CDs. Hearing stuff I didn't know was on the disc - as we all do.

And my 300b amp is built, with 46 drivers.

Just needs the DAC now, and that's pretty close. Tantalising! I can already imagine what's coming, and I expect it to be my best system yet.

Well - you have to do something to improve your system year by year! It would be nice to have a present of something, but since this is a DIY forum, I'm afraid it's all hard work!!!!!!!

Soldering iron off, getting ready for the turkey!

Greets from a very wet London - what the French call "The Foggy Albion". (They also call us La Perfide Albion, but that's another story...)

Andy

Haven't even fired up my valves/tubes, but we had a great Christmas Eve-supper yesterday (Christmas Eve is the BIG day in Sweden. Christmas Day is for sobering up ...)
Had a paltter with ham, salami and stuff from all over Europe:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Together with a nice Chianti - Lamole Lamole 2004, bought in Firenze this summer:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.